NECSS Issues 448 College and Career Pathway Endorsements
The NECSS region issued 448 College and Career Pathway Endorsements to the Class of 2022, which reflect 78% of the endorsements issued across the state. 174 of those endorsements are in the CNA pathway, which is a focus of their regional work, and 140 are from the education pathway.
Barrington School District 220 Updates its Work-Based Learning Opportunities
Barrington School District has made a series of updates to improve student experiences:
- The district revamped its cooperative education to the “Career-Ready Workplace Experience” program to align with Illinois’ Career Development Experience requirements and now accepts students taking jobs, internships, and more. The work-based learning teacher, who is on special assignment, is facilitating the program and plans to build their partnership network.
- The district’s fully updated culinary program is running, including ProStart I, which aligns with the ProStart certification.
- This school year, the district launched a new dual credit education course: Introduction to Education (EDU 201).
- The district introduced a digital marketing internship that allows students to create advertisements for outside businesses and partners on the district’s new scoreboards, which will be installed this fall.
- Planning is underway for a fall field study that will rotate in all third grades to do worm composting with one of the district’s partners, Mindful Waste, at the high school. The district’s goal is to align their green learning team’s classes with this experience (horticulture and environmental science).
D214 Ed Prep Program Featured on the News
NBC Chicago came out to Rolling Meadows High School this week to feature the Ed Prep Program. Despite the nationwide teacher shortage, the Ed Prep Program is working to solve the problem by getting students interested in becoming future educators and providing them an affordable and accessible option to continue their education through our partnership with EIU and National Louis University. >>Watch the report
High School Internship Leads to Opportunities for Aspiring Medical Student in District 214
Among the staff of a local doctor’s office is a teenager getting ready for college. What started as an internship at Arlington Dermatology has led to an even bigger opportunity for one recent high school graduate. >> Read more
Students Build a Future Through Engineering Career Pathway in District 214
For Jonathan O’Grady, the clues were there from the beginning. When he was little, he really liked building things with Legos. Then, he found he loved to spend time with his grandfather in the woodworking shop set up in the garage. When he joined Wheeling High School, he jumped at the chance to take a woodshop class. >> Read more